This week on home video, we’ve got at least one Oscar nominee in the mix (Wreck-It Ralph), but it’s balanced out by a couple of duds, including an unnecessary 1980s remake and another failed Gerard Butler rom-com. Then, we’ve also got a French import that broke records overseas and Barry Levinson’s effective found footage horror movie. To top it all off, we’ve got a couple of notable reissues, including a Freddy Kreuger collection to die for. See below for the full list!
Also available this week:
- Faith-based drama Unconditional (67%), starring Lynn Collins and Michael Ealy.
- Lay the Favorite (20%), starring Rebecca Hall, Bruce Willis, and Catherine Zeta-Jones in a comedy about sports gambling in Las Vegas.
- A 20th Anniversary edition of Schindler’s List (97%), which includes three previously released featurettes.
- A Nightmare on Elm Street (95%) collection, which includes all seven of the “original” Nightmare films (Parts 1-5, Freddy’s Dead, and Wes Craven’s New Nightmare), plus some extras.
- Buster Keaton’s College (88%) gets an “Ultimate Edition” Blu-ray release, which includes a humorous 1966 industrial film, his last appearance on film.
- Michael Crichton’s sci-fi/western Westworld (87%) on Blu-ray, including the 1980 pilot for a TV series adaptation that never happened.