This week on home video, we’ve got one blockbuster, a couple of highly rated documentaries about controversial subjects, and a Tyler Perry production. Then we’ve got a decent low-budget horror flick, a well-reviewed drama, a solid romance, and a smart mystery, plus some new Blu-rays, a couple of choices from The Criterion Collection, and an iconic horror box set. Read on for the full list:
Also available this week:
- War Witch (96%), about a young African girl who escapes her fate as a child soldier and enjoys a time of peace, only to confront past ghosts again.
- Susanne Bier’s Love Is All You Need (75%), starring Pierce Brosnan and Trine Dyrholm in a light romantic drama about a woman who recovers from breast cancer and discovers new love as her daughter’s wedding approaches.
- Frankenstein’s Army (75%), a B-movie styled horror film about WWII-era Soviet soldiers encountering disfigured Nazi experiments.
- Wish You Were Here (72%), starring Joel Edgerton and Teresa Palmer in a mystery about three people who return from a trip to Cambodia, having lost a fourth member of the group who disappeared, and must piece together what happened.
- Two choices from The Criterion Collection: the 1978 French farce La Cage aux Folles (100%) is available for the first time, and the 1968 John le Carré adaptation The Spy Who Came In From the Cold (83%) is now available on Blu-ray.
- The classic 1958 original of The Fly (94%) arrives on Blu-ray.
- A “Complete Collection” of the Friday the 13th films is available this week on Blu-ray.