There isn’t a whole lot to report on home video this week, but we do have Danny Boyle’s latest feature, a surprising coming-of-age film with a terrific Elle Fanning performance, and a message movie wrapped inside a romantic drama. Then we have a number of smaller films that saw very limited theatrical runs and, of course, a couple of new releases from the Criterion Collection. See below for the full list:
Also available this week:
- Graceland (85%), a thriller from the Philippines about a corrupt politician’s limo driver who is ambushed while driving both his and his boss’s daughter home, leading both families down dark paths.
- South Korean auteur Kim Ki-duk’s Pieta (81%), about a ruthless loan shark enforcer who’s visited by a mysterious woman claiming to be his long lost mother.
- Kiss of the Damned (63%), a horror thriller about a vampire who falls in love with a screenwriter, thereby endangering her undead community.
- Welcome to the Punch (50%), starring James McAvoy and Mark Strong in a crime thriller about a detective and the former criminal he’s chased for years getting mixed up together in a larger conspiracy.
- Vehicle 19 (25%), starring Paul Walker in an action flick about a parolee who mistakenly rents a car with an anti-corruption witness tied up in the trunk.
- And lastly, the Criterion Collection has another couple of notable releases: Danish director Gabriel Axel’s Oscar-winning Babette’s Feast (95%) is newly available on DVD and Blu-ray, while Ang Lee’s acclaimed adaptation The Ice Storm gets a Blu-ray.