Also opening this week in limited release:
- Hard to be a God, an epic Russian sci-fi film about a scientist sent to planet whose inhabitants have regressed into the dark ages, is at 100 percent.
- Timbuktu, a drama about everyday life in the famed Malian city after its takeover by religious fundamentalists, is at 97 percent.
- Girlhood, a drama about a teenager with a troubled home life who finds solace with a group of street kids, is at 82 percent.
- Above and Beyond, a documentary about a group of American pilots who fought in the Israeli War of Independence, is at 80 percent.
- Amira & Sam, a romantic dramedy about the relationship between an American soldier and an Iraqi woman, is at 75 percent. (Also, check out Martin Starr’s Five Favorite Films.)
- Suburban Gothic, starring Kat Dennings and Matthew Gray Gubler in a horror comedy about a misfit who must protect his community from a vengeful spirit, is at 43 percent.
- Wild Card, starring Jason Statham and Sofía Vergara in an action thriller about a bodyguard who goes after the thug who attacked his friend, is at 15 percent.
- Alien Outpost, a mockumentary about a group of soldiers fighting extraterrestrials in the deserts of Pakistan, is at 14 percent.