Critics Consensus: Avengers: Age of Ultron Is Certified Fresh
Plus, Far From the Madding Crowd is visually striking, and The Casual Vacancy is uneven.
TAGGED AS: Certified Fresh, Marvel, Superheroes
Also opening this week in limited release:
- Albert Maysles‘ Iris, a documentary about the life and times of fashion maven Iris Apfel, is at 100 percent (watch our video interview with Apfel here).
- In Country, a documentary about Vietnam War reenactors, is at 86 percent.
- Far From the Madding Crowd, starring Carey Mulligan and Michael Sheen in an adaptation of Thomas Hardy’s classic novel, is at 79 percent.
- Marie’s Story, a drama about a nun who works tirelessly to communicate with a deaf and blind teenager, is at 78 percent.
- Hyena, a British crime drama about a detective who becomes entangled in a turf war between rival drug trafficking organizations, is at 77 percent.
- Far From Men, starring Viggo Mortensen in a drama about a schoolteacher who must accompany an accused murderer across the Algerian desert to stand trial, is at 75 percent.
- Soul Boys Of The Western World, a documentary about 1980s new wave pop pioneers Spandau Ballet, is at 73 percent.
- Welcome to Me, starring Kristen Wiig and Tim Robbins in a dramedy about a woman with borderline personality disorder who wins the lottery and proceeds to start her own talk show, is at 71 percent.
- Reality, a dramedy about a would-be horror film director whose life is turned upside down when his producer demands that he find the perfect cinematic scream, is at 67 percent.
- Days of Grace, a thriller featuring three intertwined stories involving criminal activity as World Cup fever grips Mexico, is at 63 percent.
- Maya The Bee Movie, an animated adventure featuring the titular bee on a mission to save her hive from a plot against the queen, is at 56 percent.
- Ride, starring Helen Hunt and Luke Wilson in a comedy about a magazine writer who follows her son to Los Angeles and embarks on a period of self-discovery, is at 53 percent.
- Gerontophilia, a romantic comedy about a teenage boy who forms a close relationship with an older man while working at a retirement community, is at 50 percent.
- Cas & Dylan, starring Richard Dreyfuss and Tatiana Maslany in a dramedy about a terminally ill man who ends up on a wild road trip after agreeing to give a lift to an aspiring writer, is at 33 percent.